Notices

Yakkity's Archives This is where outdated or discontinued forums will go. Feel free to still read & post. You just might revive a topic!

Big Brother

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
KaysarRocks
Mega Yakster

My Mood: Roflmao
Thanked 1,020 Times in 909 Posts
Groans: 80
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts
Default A Yakkster Ponders The Possible Link Between Vaccines and Autism

From our front page, our own jordanc0856 has written an article on the possible link between vaccines and autism. You can find it at http://www.yakkityyaks.com but I'm pasting it here for your perusal.
Thanks Jordanc0856 for all the time you took to write this!

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions in this article DO NOT represent the opinions of YakkityYaks.com, its administrators, or any particular individual with any type of proprietary connection to the website. The facts presented are real; the statistics are real, but the opinions presented are that of the author and the author only.

I want to start by saying that I am not anti-vaccine. There is a common misconception that anybody who questions vaccines or the current vaccination schedule is anti-vaccine. I do believe that vaccines can be a good thing, but the current state of the CDC’s vaccination schedule and the greed and lies behind which vaccines have been made and propagandized have truly bastardized their original intent. When government health officials get out of the pharmaceutical companies’ pockets and start putting public health over profit (the opposite of which they currently operate), they can start to make vast improvements and changes to the vaccination program. They could then go away from the “one size fits all” philosophy under which they operate now. I have never been one to reinvent the wheel, but in the case of the vaccination program (and vaccines), I’ll make an exception.

Why do I say all this? Why should I concern myself so much with vaccines? The answer to both is simple. Because I, along with a growing number of people in this country (and the world for that matter), hold the firm belief that vaccinations play a major role in the autism epidemic. I will say it again because it’s worth repeating. If the right conditions exist, vaccinations do (yes, do) cause autism, and if government health officials continue to sit idly by (at the behest of the pharmaceutical companies) with their current “head in the sand” approach, things are just going to get worse. The autism numbers are going to keep rising. Again, vaccines can cause autism, and in the following paragraphs, I’m going to explain how and why.

What’s one of the biggest culprits we’re talking about here? The answer is mercury, or the mercury-containing preservative, Thimerosal, which is nearly 50% ethyl mercury. Mercury is the second-most toxic substance known to humans, and it’s the most toxic substance that isn’t radioactive. It can cause some severe neurological effects that are very similar to most characteristics that autistic children display. It was (and still is in some cases) used in vaccines as a preservative to allow vaccine manufacturers to produce their vaccines in multi-dose vials, thus reducing cost and increasing profit margin.

Every time a needle is jabbed into the stopper of a vaccine vial, it creates a potential for bacterial contamination, so Eli Lilly (the company) came up with the idea that if you pack a vaccine vial with mercury (enough to kill a small horse), it will kill all the potential bacterial contaminants, along with everything else, like our children’s immune systems, neurotransmitters, etc. So thus, a vaccine preservative was born (along with a future autism epidemic).

You may be asking yourself: Didn’t they test for the general safety of Thimerosal? Actually, they did, but the safety test was an absolute joke. Eli Lilly knew that Thimerosal was toxic when they first developed it, but in 1930, they did the aforementioned joke of a safety test. The test was done on 22 people who were gravely ill with meningitis. All 22 people died. Eli Lilly concluded that it was the meningitis that killed all 22 individuals, so the Thimerosal must be safe. That’s their so-called safety test. That’s the science they used to put Thimerosal in our vaccines and, subsequently, our children. That’s the “science” they used to affect now more than a generation of children and ruin the hopes and lives of so many families. You need to see only one autistic child to see the negative effects of their (the pharma-bastards) lies and greed. I mean, in the early 1990s veterinarians removed Thimerosal from animal vaccines because they decided it was too toxic. I can assure you, a baby horse weighs much more than a human baby, so why did the veterinarians remove Thimerosal and not our health officials? Am I mad about this? You’d better believe it, mad as hell.

Let’s fast forward about five or six decades, after the vaccine-induced autism epidemic began. It wasn’t until the late 1990s that the FDA “finally” came to the realization that our children may be getting too much mercury through vaccines. When the CDC added the HepB and Hib vaccines to the schedule, it doubled (or even tripled) the amount of mercury children were getting, and this was only from birth to six months, the most critical time of development in an infant’s life. Overall, it was possible for a child to receive over 100 times the safe limit for oral ingestion of mercury. And that’s just oral ingestion, where the body (through the digestive process) can possibly excrete some of the mercury. But these amounts of mercury were being injected directly into the bloodstreams of our children.

You’d figure that given this information, government health officials would step in and do something, and they did (sort of). The FDA “encouraged” manufacturers to cease production of mercury-containing vaccines, but they didn’t do a recall. Today, they do a recall for pretty much anything, but I guess the deep pockets of the pharmaceutical companies may have had something to do with that. One pharmaceutical company did offer to make mercury-free vaccines immediately, but guess what? Government health officials declined. It seems as though they wanted to wait until all manufacturers produced them (probably to lower the cost). Yeah, they may have saved a few dollars by doing it this way, but our children paid the price with their livelihood. We’re still putting mercury in vaccines that we ship to developing countries, and guess what? There’s an “explosion of autism” over there now too. Coincidence? I think not.

The CDC finally did decide to “investigate” if there was a connection between Thimerosal and autism. It wasn’t surprising that they found no connection. This is because they used carefully-chosen epidemiological studies. Not real scientific studies, just epidemiological studies, where data can be manipulated to say just about anything if you carefully choose your study group and shuffle the statistics to your (or Big Pharma’s) liking. This is exactly what the CDC did because independent groups showed that ALL the studies were invalid because of “inherent biases and data misinterpretations.” Other (independent) people did similar studies which showed that Thimerosal was related to the increase in autism.

Another non-profit group uncovered emails showing the CDC discovered a link between Thimerosal and autism as early as 1999. They (the CDC) kept redoing the study (the data manipulation I just mentioned) until the link “disappeared.” Overall, the CDC did four reviews, and each one reduced the size and diversity of the study group until it lowered the causal impact of vaccine mercury exposures. On an interesting side note, not too long after this study was completed, the research leader went on to work for a pharmaceutical company (who produces vaccines).

With all this considered, there is still Thimerosal (mercury) in vaccines, and government health officials have no problem giving them to pregnant women. It’s contradictive for them to warn pregnant women not to eat too much of certain types of fish because of the mercury content, but they have no problem injecting it directly into a pregnant woman’s or a young infant’s bloodstream. The type of mercury in fish is different (and less toxic) than the purified from found in vaccines. And by the time the fish gets to our food supply, only about 5% of the mercury is bioavailable to humans.

The vials Thimerosal is shipped in must be labeled with skull and crossbones because of its toxicity. That, and unused doses of Thimerosal-containing flu shots must be disposed of as a hazardous waste (according to the MSDS sheet). Also according to Thimerosal’s MSDS sheet, you should avoid use with aluminum, yet they combine them in various vaccines or given together in multiple vaccines. And they still maintain it’s safe to inject into our children.

What’s especially troubling about this is that the CDC has recommended flu shots for children as early as six months. The mercury-laced flu vaccines have 25 micrograms of mercury in each dose. Taking into consideration “safe limits,” a child would have to weigh about 549 pounds for that amount of mercury to be deemed safe. You can even double those amounts for young children getting a flu shot booster. I don’t see any half-ton babies out there, so the amount of mercury they still put in these flu shots is completely absurd.

So, let’s go on to see what the mercury in vaccines can do to a young child’s body. You may be thinking: If mercury is so bad, why aren’t there even more cases of autism. I wish the answer to this was simple, but it’s not. I’ll try to simplify as much as possible.

I think one of the biggest issues with autistic children and vaccines goes back to their methylation cycles. Methyl is very important because it’s what goes back and forth in the human body to do certain things and then gets recycled to do other “jobs” in the body. Without getting too biological where vaccines and autism come into play here is with a substance called glutathione. Methyl gets recycled to form glutathione, which is the key element in the body’s detoxification process. Most people really don’t have many problems with glutathione levels, but for children who can’t produce enough, it’s going to take much less of any toxin to have damaging effects, especially the second-most toxic known substance (mercury). It has been shown that autistic children do have dangerously low levels of glutathione, and the most well-known effect of toxic levels of mercury is a series of physiological events that manifests into what we know as autism.

How does this happen? What can mercury do to the human body that causes all this? For starters, it wreaks havoc on most major systems in the human body. It’s been shown to cross the blood-brain barrier, eventually becoming lodged in the brain and stripping away the myelin sheath and causing all sorts of neurological effects. If you want to know which effects, just look at a list of autistic characteristics.

Most autistic children have autoimmune disorders (when the body attacks itself), and this has been shown to be caused by mercury toxicity. And since about 70% of the immune system is in the gastrointestinal tract, many problems exist there as well (just ask any parent of an autistic child). When mercury enters the human body, it greatly increases the adverse effects of other toxins as well, a process called “synergistic toxicity.” This synergistic toxic effect between mercury and other vaccine components, especially aluminum, has not been studied for safe use. And as I’ve said before, the MSDS sheet for Thimerosal says to avoid use with aluminum. Government health officials must not have gotten that memo.

With these negative effects, if you were to ever compare a chart of the negative effects of mercury poisoning and autism, they are strikingly similar. And it’s not just autism. Back in the early 1950s, a severe disorder called acrodynia (Pink’s Disease) was linked to low doses of mercury in teething powder for infants. This caused pain and pink discoloration in the extremities. When these mercury-tainted teething powders were banned, the cases of acrodynia ceased. And have you ever heard of the phrase “crazy as a mad hatter?” Ever wonder where that came from? These “mad hatters” (hat makers) had similar symptoms as autism (aloofness, social awkwardness and avoidance, nonsensical and repetitive babbling, etc.). What caused these types of behaviors? That’s right, mercury. It was discovered that these hat makers were inhaling excessive amounts of mercury vapor from the process of making felt hats.

It’s not hard to see all these historical neurological/medical issues were linked to mercury. And I’m not even going into detail about Minimata disease in Japan or mercury-tainted grain in Iraq, Guatemala, and Russia. I know that I’ve gotten away from vaccines, but I did it to prove a point. Throughout history, overexposure to mercury has caused complex and multitudes of physiological, psychological, and neurological issues, the current one being autism. But the difference between autism and the others is that in the case of autism, the mercury in being injected directly into our children’s bloodstream. The other difference is that, in the case of autism, government health officials aren’t really doing or admitting to anything about it.

What government health officials are doing is ignoring the research, that is, the research NOT funded by pharmaceutical companies. They are ignoring the research that is free from conflicts of interest. They are ignoring the statistics about mercury in vaccines and their role in the autism epidemic. Statistics are hard to ignore. The relation of autism and vaccination rates is hard to ignore. But they are real, and this vaccine-induced autism epidemic is real. The next few paragraphs will do just that: prove a relation between vaccine rates and autism rates and how they have concurrently risen.

I think, aside from what’s in our vaccines, that our vaccination policy and schedule are just as much at fault, and that fault lies within the government health officials who make these decisions. The United States has the most aggressive vaccination policy in the world. From ages birth through five years, U.S. children receive about 36 doses of vaccines. The only countries close to us are Australia and Canada, with 27 and 28 doses, respectively. Along with the most doses of vaccinations, the U.S., interestingly enough, has the world’s highest rate of autism at about 1 in 91 children (depending on which study you believe).

Take other countries, such as France (with half as many vaccine doses) and Norway (with about 1/3 as many vaccine doses), and their autism rates are about 1 in 613 (6 times more prevalent) and 1 in 2,000 (about 22 times more prevalent), respectively. And I’m not just talking about autism in this instance. The U.S. also ranks 34th in the world (the worst) when it comes to childhood mortality rates (about 7.8 per 1,000). Countries such as Slovenia, who has half as many recommended vaccines, are surviving more children than us. I mean, c’mon, Slovenia? Our health care system has to be better than theirs.

It’s not difficult to see the correlation here between the number of vaccines and autism rates. It’s plain and simple: more vaccines = more autism. I never got much into algebra, but I don’t have any problems solving that equation. The numbers just don’t lie, unless you’re the CDC or some other pharmaceutically-controlled entity.

It wasn’t always like this. Our rates of autism used to be much lower, and so did the amount of vaccines we were giving our children. Back in 1983, there were only 10 recommended vaccines, 10! And the autism rate was 1 in 10,000. Today, there are 36 doses of recommended vaccines, and our current autism rate is 1 in 91. That’s over a 10,000% increase. If you take a look at the rise of autism rates between now and then, you can easily see a concurrent rise in the number of vaccines we’re giving our children. Below is a table I constructed to illustrate this.

YEAR AUTISM RATE # OF VACCINES VACCINES ADDED
1983 1 in 10,000 10 -----
1992 1 in 2,500 18 DTaP (4th dose), HepB (3 doses), Hib (4 doses)
1995 1 in 1,666 20 Varicella (2 doses)
2001 1 in 250 27 Rotavirus (3 doses), Pneumococcal (4 doses)
2004 1 in 166 36 Influenza (7 doses), HepA (2 doses)
2007 1 in 150 36
2009 1 in 91 36

As you can see, the rate of autism in 1983 was 1 in 10,000, and there were only 10 vaccines. By 1992, the autism rate jumped to 1 in 2,500, and the amount of vaccines nearly doubled, from 10 to 18. Between 1992 and 1995, the autism rate rose to 1 in 1,666, and two more vaccines were added to the list. Another big jump happened between 1995 and 2001, when the autism rate went from 1 in 1,666 to 1 in 250. Seven more vaccines were added during this time. Over the next few years, the HepA and flu shots were added, which resulted in the autism rate going up to 1 in 166 (in 2004), then 1 in 150 (in 2007), and the current rate of 1 in 91 (1 in 58 boys). Since 1983, the number of vaccines has nearly quadrupled, and the rate of autism has become over 100 times more prevalent.

The following graph illustrates this concurrent rise in vaccines and autism: (You can see it on our front page)

It’s not difficult to see here that more vaccines = more autism, period.

So, how can you ignore these statistics? How can government health officials be blind to what these statistics are showing? I’ll tell you how. They went out and got themselves a nice pair of pharmaceutical signature series blinding glasses.

Given the sharp rise in both autism and the number of vaccines and public accusations, why wouldn’t government health officials want to test these vaccines and the vaccination schedule for their safety (both individually and interrelated) and relationship to autism? Why wouldn’t they want to try to restore a waning faith in their vaccination program? There are tens of thousands of reports of declines and regressions after vaccination appointments, and they study only ONE vaccine on the current U.S. vaccination schedule for its relationship to autism. There are 20 vaccines given to an infant in the first year of life; they study only ONE vaccine (and poorly for that matter) and say, “case closed” on the autism issue. Where’s the logic in that?

Many people still dismiss these rates, numbers, and statistics. Many have even gone as far to say there is no real autism epidemic, that there are other “logical” reasons to explain why the numbers seem to keep rising. Some say it’s a genetic disorder and has nothing to do with vaccines. Others contend it’s a change in diagnostic criteria. There are also people who maintain that we’ve been misdiagnosing (or missing them altogether) what would have been autism.

I really fail to see the logic behind people saying that autism is attributed solely to genetics. We’re in the middle of an epidemic here, and any respectable geneticist will tell you there’s no such thing as a genetic epidemic. They’ll tell you that genetic shifts just don’t happen this fast (as the rise in autism). That is, of course, unless you’re the second generation survivor of a nuclear blast, but hey, who’s going to be around to tell that story?

The rise in the rate of autism just can’t be a change in diagnostic criteria either. Yes, the criteria did change in 1994 when the DSM-IV (Diagnostics and Statistical Manual) came out. They added Asperger’s, PDD-NOS, Rett’s (very rare), and childhood disintegrative disorder (rare). But what they actually did was to define “true autism” more narrowly. And the fact remains that the sharp rise in autism began before DSM-IV came out. If the rise in autism was attributed to a sudden change in diagnostic criteria, you would expect a sharp rise for just a few years, and then the rates would normalize again. But in the case of autism, the rates keep going up.

There still are people who maintain that the rise in autism was just because we were misdiagnosing or missing the diagnosis altogether. When Leo Kanner first described autism back in 1943, he said it was unlike anything he or his colleagues had ever seen. Autistic people aren’t exactly invisible either. If you’ve ever met one (much less, raised or lived with one), you would definitely know it. Some of medicine’s best clinicians and diagnosticians have come from before this time, and you can’t tell me that, for decades, they were merely missing the diagnosis of autistic people.

Let’s just say, for a minute, that we were missing the diagnosis on autistic people. Taking into consideration population and prevalence increases, for every known autistic person today, there would be 4 to 8 cases of autism we somehow missed. That would equate to about two million “missed” cases of autism, and as noticeable as autism is, you just don’t see all these autistic people around. Really, where have they gone? The simple answer to this is that they never existed in the first place.

So, with all this public outcry, why don’t government health officials want to answer the questions parents want answered? There are studies parents want done, but government health officials, for some reason, just won’t do them. If they are so confident that vaccines aren’t a causal factor in the autism epidemic, why won’t they do the tests parents want?

A year or so ago, they were going to do a chelation study. Chelation is the medical process of removing toxic metals from the body with the use of prescription medications (sometimes with an IV). There were increasing numbers of reports of autistic children making remarkable and sudden recoveries once the toxic metals (from vaccines) were removed from their bodies. Some children even no longer fit the diagnostic criteria for autism after chelation therapy.

But at the last minute, the study was cancelled for (what they call) “safety” reasons. Health officials somehow suddenly realized this study would be too dangerous for children. You’d figure that government health officials would have looked into the safety of a study BEFORE the study was just about to begin. There are studies that health officials did that were just as “dangerous,” if not more, than chelation (pediatric chemotherapy, for example). But I guess since the other studies didn’t involve vaccines (or the toxins in their preservatives), they somehow met the safety standards. The reality of it was that government health officials were just afraid of what the chelation study would reveal. They knew these children were getting better after removing these toxic metals, and government health officials didn’t want to have to explain why or how the toxic metals go there in the first place.

The test/study that most people within the autism community want done is a study of autism prevalence in vaccinated versus unvaccinated populations. For some odd reason, government health officials don’t want to even touch that study. They claim ethics; they say it would be unethical not to vaccinate a child for the sake of a study. But there are populations out there from which you could draw both data and an easy conclusion.

Take the Pennsylvania Amish (in Lancaster County), for example. Their beliefs prevent them from vaccinating their children. Guess what? They had zero (yes, zero) cases of autism in their community. I take that back. Recently, they had one case of autism, but that was a child who was vaccinated (and became autistic) outside their community, and it’s a similar situation with the very large Amish population around Middlefield, Ohio. Government health officials refused that because they said that the Pennsylvania Amish (actually, most Amish communities) are so closely related that they could come from a similar gene pool. Therefore, the results would be invalid.

There is a pediatrician, Mayer Eisenstein, who has clinics (Homefirst) all throughout the Chicago land area. He does not advocate vaccines, and he’s been in practice for decades. He said that in the 35,000+ children his clinics have seen over the decades, he has had zero (yes, zero) cases of autism in children who have not been vaccinated. I don’t think government health officials have figured out an answer for that one yet.

Just recently, a nation-wide autism advocacy group has secured the necessary funding to do a university-level, national study on autism prevalence in vaccinated versus unvaccinated populations. This study has yet to be done, and I’ll bet my bottom dollar that it will meet resistance from government health officials. That, or they will ignore the results altogether, like they’ve done on most other studies that has made a vaccine-autism connection.

An example of one of these (non-governmental) studies involved macaque primates, who were given HepB vaccines with mercury preservatives, which were adjusted for body weight and accelerated growth. This was done in accordance with the CDC recommended schedule from when there were larger amounts of mercury in vaccines. The control group did not receive any mercury. To summarize complicated scientific language, the primates who received the mercury had some pretty severe developmental delays in primal instincts and reflexes, as opposed to the control group who (overall) had normal developmental markers. Hmm….imagine that. Primates receive mercury in vaccines, and they have severe delays in developmental markers. Sound familiar to you?

By turning a blind eye to valid scientific studies and research, government health officials aren’t exactly making their efforts transparent. If they truly believe that vaccines aren’t a causal factor, then why did leading medical professionals, government health officials, and pharmaceutical company CEOs have to have a secret meeting in Simpsonwood, Georgia in 2000? I’ll tell you why. They had a study in their very hands. It was a study making a vaccine-autism connection. They didn’t know what to do, so they had to have this secret meeting to address the study and figure out how to cover it up. Uh oh, Houston, we have a problem. I can understand medical professionals and government health officials being there, but pharmaceutical company CEOs? That one is truly a mystery to me (but not to them).

The last group of people with who I have a problem is the American Academy of Pediatrics. Now, I have nothing against anybody who goes into the medical profession to help children, if they do it for the right reasons. There are many good medical professionals out there. But there are also some out there who are making unhealthy sums of money at the expense of our children. Many pediatricians get as much as 80% of their income from insurance reimbursements for vaccinations, so it’s no wonder why they follow the AAP’s (and CDC’s) direction so easily and without question. The Hippocratic Oath states to “do no harm.” Some doctors, through their compensated endorsement and perpetuation of the current vaccination schedule, are doing harm, lots of harm. What makes it worse is that they’re harming the very people they’re supposed to protect: our children.

Autism, a word that’s synonymous with vaccines. Something really bad is happening to our children, and some people are refusing to even look into what may be causing it. What is it going to take? 1 in 75 children? 1 in 50 children? 1 in 25 children? How high do the rates have to get for government health officials to really start doing something?

When polio was at its worst, 1 in 3,000 children were affected, and it was a national crisis. Doctors were sought for the sole objective of eliminating it. If autism was treated with the same urgency, the results would be similar. Being that government health officials aren’t taking the “leave no stone unturned” attitude as they did with polio, logic tells me that they really don’t want to admit or realize the cause.

And I’m not talking about E. coli in meat or vegetables. I’m talking about our children, our own flesh and blood. We’re supposed to be protecting them, watching over them to make sure they grow up to be the people we think they should. But all this is being stolen from us by a corrupt government agency(ies) who doesn’t to admit wrongdoing or even looking into the possibility of it.

I just don’t understand how the image of a child sitting in the corner of a room, doing nothing but spinning a toy car’s wheel, doesn’t inspire them to want to do something. I just don’t understand how the image of a child, sitting along in the corner of a playground, not able to communicate with peers, doesn’t inspire them to want to do anything about it. I just don’t understand how the thought of a child not being able to communicate basic human needs or even being able to tell his parents that he loves them doesn’t inspire them to leave “no stone unturned” in their approach to figure out what’s going on. I just don’t understand.

If you haven’t figured it out by now, I have a son with autism. I didn’t disclose this at the beginning because I didn’t want anybody who reads this to apply the “he’s just an angry parent who needs to blame somebody or something” label. I wanted anybody who reads this to do so with a certain level of objectivity. Anyway, I have spent thousands of dollars in testing to get to the root cause of what triggered his autism: vaccines. I didn’t do this to place blame on anybody or any agency. I did so to find out what was wrong with my child at a biomedical level. With this knowledge, we are well on our way to fixing the problem and eliminating his autistic symptoms.

When the day comes (and the day will come) that government health officials have no other choice but to admit that vaccines were the main causal factor in the autism epidemic, I (along with many other parents) don’t want any big settlements or anything like that. A simple (and sincere) apology will suffice. That, and the promise to fix the true root cause of the autism epidemic: vaccines and the vaccination schedule as a whole.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P Captain Phil

“If you’re looking for sympathy you’ll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.”
— David Sedaris, Barrel Fever
KaysarRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KaysarRocks For This Useful Post:
Shiny Beige (06-21-2010)
Old 06-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,152 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts

I am also not anti-vaccine Jordan but I know why you think as you do. I think vaccine's are responsible for a large percentage of the autism increase as well as crib death. I lost a neice to crib death, it was the day she had her first vaccine. How does a vibrant healthy baby die the night of her first vaccine. I will never think otherwise especially when the Dr's don't want to discuss it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

My Mood: Amused
Thanked 7,058 Times in 5,390 Posts
Groans: 609
Groaned at 1,013 Times in 930 Posts

I haven't read the article yet - I want to do it when I'm sure to have time to read it thoroughly. But crib death could be due to what's called Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Again, I'm probably taking that out of context in terms with the article, so sorry if that's the case.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next

M.D.
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,152 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts

Well crib death IS Sudden Infant Death Syndrome but they don't know the cause. Some think it's vaccine related, I know I do.

ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
TheKdd
Your mama what?

My Mood: Cynical
Thanked 6,017 Times in 4,042 Posts
Groans: 213
Groaned at 162 Times in 153 Posts

I don't doubt that. They have tried to pin it on putting the child on their stomach for a long time, but I don't recall SIDS being a huge deal say, in the 40's, and most people then, and even in the 70-80's, put the baby on it's stomach to sleep cause they felt safer that way and slept instead of jolting themselves awake.

Whew... that was a really long sentence LOL

My Karma ran over your dogma.
~

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS!

(Early Bird Special)

TheKdd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:08 AM   #6
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

My Mood: Amused
Thanked 7,058 Times in 5,390 Posts
Groans: 609
Groaned at 1,013 Times in 930 Posts

I guess I need to read this before I comment anymore on the SIDS or anything else. LOL Would make sense, no? haha

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next

M.D.
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

My Mood: Pensive
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree that vaccines have a direct correlation to autism. My 12-year-old son has a form of autism called Aspergers Syndrome and in my mother's heart, I feel certain it's due to all the vaccines he received as a baby. I'm not anti-vaccine either, but really, why do kids need a chicken pox vaccine? I had chicken pox as a kid and as far as I know, it's not a life-threatening illness.

If I could do it all over again, I would think twice about some of the vaccines he received.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #8
jordanc0856

I just want to reiterate that I am not anti-vaccine. Vaccines aren't the sole cause of the autism epidemic. If vaccines were the sole cause of autism, we would be praying for he current rate (1 in 91) of autism because it would be much worse than it is today. It's just that I don't believe vaccines or the current vaccination schedule is safe. Children are inherently different, with varying biological makeups. The vaccination schedule has a "one size fits all" approach, and the CDC and AAP seems fairly unwaivering in this. Take the MMR, for example. Big Pharma quit making the separate components of this combo vaccine. Let's just say that a child is allergic to something about the mumps portion o that vaccine. Just because of that, the child misses out on the opportunity to be vaccinated for the measles and rubella just because they stopped making the separate components.

A growing number of parents aren't vaccinating their children because of the lack of safety and confidence in the vaccination program. Government health officials need to take a long, hard look at this because if more and more parents stop vaccinating their children altogether, we are going to lose our "natural immunity" to some of these diseases, and it's going to take another epidemic, pandemic, or any other type of "demic" to bring the natural immunity back. Government health officials and medical professionals need to look at the vaccination program, as a whole, and ensure the safety of vaccines (not the safety tests funded by Big Pharma). They need to be more accomodating to parents who want to start vaccinations at a later time and spread them out so they're not giving so many at the same time. They just need to be more open minded or else they're going to be in for something bigger than they ever realized or hoped. And they need to get all these toxic elements out of the vaccines.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
TheKdd
Your mama what?

My Mood: Cynical
Thanked 6,017 Times in 4,042 Posts
Groans: 213
Groaned at 162 Times in 153 Posts

There is a lot of stuff that I think may have vaccines as the root. That doesn't necessarily mean it always is, but there seems to be epidemic proportions of once somewhat rare conditions. Autism, ADHD, Bi-Polar disorder, etc. etc.

The ADHD kids when I was growing up were obvious and few. Now, it seems as if every kid is ADHD and on meds. Course, this is probably something for the arguers corner, but I am a big believer also in wrong diagnosis, and parenting to be the root cause of a lot of it. I mean I have seen a couple of the episodes of Super Nanny (yeah, couldn't turn away from the train wreck) where the crazy kid was on meds, and the Nanny showed the parents how to properly discipline them and take them off the meds. Unfortunately, there are many parents that just don't want to take the time, and need to find any explanation other than fault themselves.

Let me reiterate... Not ALL are wrong diagnosis, there are many that truly need the meds, but I do think it's over diagnosed, all in the name of commission from the drug companies.

Plus, with all these floating diagnosis', and handing meds to kids out like candy, what do these meds do to the developing brain?

I am pretty anti- take anything, thus so are my kids. Yeah, when truly needed...TRULY needed, they will get something, like antibiotic for strep or Ibuprofen for high fever, or something like that. Otherwise, we go natural remedy... rest and nutritious food.

I just don't get how this country has this whole "war on drugs" thing, when we have the pharm company handing out pills like candy. Between all the pills and vaccinations, who the hell knows what we are doing to ourselves?

My Karma ran over your dogma.
~

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS!

(Early Bird Special)

TheKdd is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2010, 12:31 PM   #10
jordanc0856

Kdd- Very well said. Juvenile diabetes has also grown in epic proportions. My brother was hyperactive when we were younger, and our doc. immediately prescribed Ritalin. Yeah, the stuff took care of his hyperactivity, but it turned him into a walking zombie. My mother asked the doc what he thought of the Feingold diet, and he said it was "voodoo science." Well, she took my brother off Ritalin and put us all on the Feingold diet, and that worked better than any medication ever did.

What these psychotropic drugs do is merely mask the problem, cover the symptoms. They don't get to the root cause of the problem. It's pretty ironic that good nutrition can solve many of the maladies in today's society. I put my son on a gluten freen and dairy free diet, and it worked wonders for him. If we could just combine yesteryear's common sense with today's technology, we might turn out okay.

If you're interested in reading about the "new" childhood epidemics, there's a book written by Dr. Kenneth Bock called "Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders"