Notices

Arguers Corner The Yak's "no holds barred" area, so argue away. The views expressed aren't necessarily the views of YakkityYaks as an entity.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #141
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

My Mood: Dead
Thanked 5,035 Times in 3,225 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 185 Times in 157 Posts

It truly is frightening to think that at least 50 million people think it's okay to have this hatemongerer as president. It's not even an anti-Republican stance. I wouldn't want McCain or Romney to be President, for instance, but at least they're not hateful sociopaths. The country would have survived them. But this is very different. There's no way this will end well.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yellowdog For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (11-11-2016), requiem (11-13-2016), TheKdd (11-14-2016)

Old 11-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #142
Sphinx
YakBB2 WINNER & #EvilQueen!

My Mood: Balanced
Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,896 Posts
Groans: 406
Groaned at 139 Times in 132 Posts

Some people saw a very public falling out between my family and myself over the course of the last day. I was slammed on so many fronts and so many lies were casted against me, that I severed ties with three of them. It was ugly. I don't act innocent, but I showed a helluva lot of restraint considering I was close to exposing everyone's bullshit publicly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sphinx For This Useful Post:
TheKdd (11-14-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #143
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

My Mood: Devilish
Thanked 7,028 Times in 5,053 Posts
Groans: 265
Groaned at 151 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
Some people saw a very public falling out between my family and myself over the course of the last day. I was slammed on so many fronts and so many lies were casted against me, that I severed ties with three of them. It was ugly. I don't act innocent, but I showed a helluva lot of restraint considering I was close to exposing everyone's bullshit publicly.
oh no... im so sorry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #144
requiem
Ruby Chen

My Mood: Doubtful
Thanked 4,929 Times in 3,430 Posts
Groans: 1,046
Groaned at 818 Times in 574 Posts

Okay....let me first say that although not an American, I was rooting for Clinton.

Now let me say as a human...The Clinton supporters have shown in the past few days that the basket of deplorables is seemingly for both sides of the political spectrum.

Passion is one thing.....destruction of property is not. Continuing to insult people who voted for him is not okay. Being unrelenting in your views to the point you are not listening to anyone outside of your chior is not okay. These are the same people that already decided to chastise Trump had he now bowed down gracefully had he lost.

I get it. Anger, frustration, sadness, loss of hope....That doesn't give excuse to behave in a manner that you have been fighting against for the past two years. Trump lost, it sucks....But channel your dissatisfaction into something that could inspire hope, not something that inspires fear and gives all those Trump supporters the smug saskfaction that you are no better than them.

I'm not defending trump, but at this point...I would be going against my values to defend Clinton.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to requiem For This Useful Post:
19wingz (11-14-2016), Elizabeth (11-15-2016), PinkFreak (11-14-2016), TheKdd (11-14-2016)

Old 11-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #145
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

My Mood: Dead
Thanked 5,035 Times in 3,225 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 185 Times in 157 Posts

It's the same misguided people that protest against anything and everyone. The far left is kooky, too. Any extemism is a sign of ignorance.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellowdog For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (11-13-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #146
Sphinx

People definitely need to remember that. I think for me it boils down to: protest, but you also need to remember that people are watching. Do it peacefully. I don't care if you march. Start throwing moltov cocktails? Lines get crossed. It says a hell of a lot more to peacefully protest and drive your protest in. I'm over all the attacking all over the place on personal lines. And the fucking memes - not witty. You supported Trump. I don't know why, but, to each their own. I'm not going to sit there and castigate you. It bears no fruits. One, I have better things to do than eviscerate your beliefs. Two, what the fuck is it gonna solve?

I get that people are scared, myself included. Don't give the right a reason to fear you. Exist peacefully; demonstrate that they are coming for peaceful sects of society. And if the time comes where the presidency with the legislative branch and judicial arm try to bear their full weight upon you?

That's when you get rowdy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sphinx For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (11-15-2016), PinkFreak (11-14-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #147
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

My Mood: Cheeky
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem View Post
Okay....let me first say that although not an American, I was rooting for Clinton.

Now let me say as a human...The Clinton supporters have shown in the past few days that the basket of deplorables is seemingly for both sides of the political spectrum.

Passion is one thing.....destruction of property is not. Continuing to insult people who voted for him is not okay. Being unrelenting in your views to the point you are not listening to anyone outside of your chior is not okay. These are the same people that already decided to chastise Trump had he now bowed down gracefully had he lost.

I get it. Anger, frustration, sadness, loss of hope....That doesn't give excuse to behave in a manner that you have been fighting against for the past two years. Trump lost, it sucks....But channel your dissatisfaction into something that could inspire hope, not something that inspires fear and gives all those Trump supporters the smug saskfaction that you are no better than them.

I'm not defending trump, but at this point...I would be going against my values to defend Clinton.
There was a group of "peaceful" protesters that shut down one side of a major interstate in Iowa City. In my mind, those people are idiots. They could have caused accidents and also could have prevented ambulances from doing what they needed to do. People need to calm down -- we've survived 44 presidents and we'll survive this one.

Last edited by Elizabeth; 11-15-2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Elizabeth is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #148
Sphinx

I think the problem is that everyone is legitimately afraid because a faction of America has never elected a president without any experience. The campaign he ran was based on relating to people's fears, outright lies, and messages of intolerance. While we may survive, at what expense to our institutions, prestige, and quite frankly way of life? And now he hired a white nationalist with deep ties to hate being praised by the Nazi party in America as well as the KKK - you don't see how people are troubled?

I don't know where we go from here, because the course has never been traveled before. But it's quite ominous, that Trump is trying to staff his office with those kinds of people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sphinx For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #149
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

My Mood: Devilish
Thanked 7,028 Times in 5,053 Posts
Groans: 265
Groaned at 151 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
It truly is frightening to think that at least 50 million people think it's okay to have this hatemongerer as president. It's not even an anti-Republican stance. I wouldn't want McCain or Romney to be President, for instance, but at least they're not hateful sociopaths. The country would have survived them. But this is very different. There's no way this will end well.
THIS!!!! . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote