YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Yakkity's Tunes (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   New Music 2018 (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=19329)

19wingz 01-02-2018 12:02 PM

New Music 2018

New year, new thread! LOVED the music we all discovered last year.

JT with new music Friday, new album Feb 2!!!!

requiem 01-02-2018 03:07 PM

I’ve already had a major freak out about JT. Lol

requiem 01-04-2018 03:59 AM

I thought JT was going to kick off this thread, but it looks like Bruno and Cardi beat him to the punch. Love the 90s vibe on this video, it’s super fun! Lifted from 24k Magic.

19wingz 01-04-2018 12:18 PM

Speaking on JT ... Chris Stapleton is confirmed as a collaborator on the album!!!

requiem 01-05-2018 02:26 AM

With an album title like ‘Man of the Woods’, I was not expecting JT to storm the dance floor....But god damn! ‘Filthy’ is the biggest banger he’s released since FutureSex/LoveSounds!!! Sonically innovative, unique and just a lot of fun. Welcome back JT!

requiem 01-06-2018 07:22 AM

My opinion has slowly faded on JT over the past day. B- at best.

19wingz 01-07-2018 01:37 PM

I was going to say ... I am VERY UNDERWHELMED with this first single release. I'm with you, Robbie.

I was hoping / expecting so much more. I'll still listen to the album, obviously, but I'm hoping its not all like this. This one, to be honest, sounds uninspired. I was expected more with the "promo" of the "inspired" album.

requiem 01-12-2018 09:17 AM

Well...this seems like a rare misstep for Carrie. Not that I usually like her style, but I respect it...this on the other hand. No thank you. Lol

19wingz 01-12-2018 05:06 PM

I actually really like it. It is totally out of her "norm" and expected. She isn't a pop star, but she has the vocal prowess. Is this the best anthemic song out there? No way, but it pumps me up. I appreciate the attempt at something new. I'm curious ... what about it do you not like?

Now, that all said, I am biased obviously. I am also DESPERATE for new Carrie music. LOL So this I'll take. I recognize, though, its receiving mixed reviews.

requiem 01-13-2018 03:25 AM

Her voice just doesn’t match the melody...or something. I hear it, I see value but then something doesn’t totally add up. Her voice is 100% country and I just don’t think it has the same power out of that wheelhouse...She is better than this and her first frolick into pop should have had more power.

requiem 01-13-2018 04:52 AM

I love that songs dealing with male on male sexuality are making it mainstream! This is great and I can’t wait for the album!

requiem 01-13-2018 04:53 AM

19wingz 01-13-2018 10:33 AM

Troye has always been very transparent. So many of his music videos are just so much more personal, real and touching than most.

requiem 01-19-2018 02:48 PM

Betty Who was one of my biggest pop go to artists last year...a little shocked she has something new out, but enjoyable all the same. Lol

requiem 01-22-2018 08:53 AM

I refuse to share the new JT song titled ‘Supplies’ but it’s out there is you want to hear it.

Although I’m thankful he hasn’t gone country, I’m confused about what all that prerelease hype was about. This is seeming like a really awful album so far. :-/

19wingz 01-23-2018 04:01 PM

I agree, Robbie!!!! OMG I feel the same way. I am so, so disappointed. It's been so long since he released any music and these 2 song are just terrible, IMO.

In other news, Zedd picked up the skills of Maren Morris in this jam that I'm digging!!

requiem 01-23-2018 05:03 PM

I literally just went to iTunes to make sure I was thinking of the same Maren Morris. Hahaha.......

....WHAT?!?! JUST!!!! HAPPENED?!?!? That was freaking great! When the beat dropped for a moment and the glass in the video broke, I was just totally into it. So catchy!! Off to iTunes after this for sure. I knew Zedd was dropping new music soon, I wasn’t expecting a total monster with an unexpected muse.

One complaint...the clock. That has been in so many songs recently and Zedd seems better than that. I don’t hate it in the song, I just felt it was the one flaw. Lol

19wingz 01-23-2018 09:50 PM

I was literally thinking that about the clock. I was like, man, it works in the song but it has been used with so many songs!!

But I knew you'd love it. I am in love with it. I had to listen to it a few times because I am such a Maren Morris fan and this is VERY different for her, but she killed it!

I read a post from her about how Zedd came to Nashville specifically to meet with her and record her vocals.

requiem 01-25-2018 02:53 PM

Still not madly in love with it and don’t care for Chris, this is the best offering so far. I think I just need to ready myself for a very underwhelming album cycle.

19wingz 01-25-2018 03:01 PM

I'm sure this isn't a surprise to you, Robbie. I LOVE the sound of that one. It's not lyrically diverse or complex, but I do like the sound. These two together are gold. And I LOVE Chris. He is so raw & real.

That all being said ... this is not what I expected for these two and their collab. I'm torn.

requiem 01-25-2018 03:56 PM

Okay...so I just bought the album version and it’s great! Really great!! Then I noticed something I missed the first time...

...that video is all sung LIVE and shot in one take!! The studio version polished it up, adds more vocal trade offs and its freaking great...and now I know that video was all live, I’m totally in love with it!!!

19wingz 01-25-2018 05:29 PM

Wait, wait, wait. That video was all live and in one shot?! NO WAY. That's talent. Fuck.

Now I gotta run and listen to the studio version.

requiem 02-01-2018 03:11 PM

So now Justin is saying the title of his album is inspired by his son and not to expect a country album....ummm, that teaser with Jessica speaking pretty much said otherwise. Lol.

Album out tomorrow! I’m pretty excited still

requiem 02-01-2018 03:11 PM

I am completely obsessed with this. I can’t wait to hear more. Love the cute video...aside from the weird stank face near the end.

requiem 02-01-2018 03:22 PM

requiem 02-01-2018 03:23 PM

19wingz 02-01-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 540391)

This was one of my favorites from when I first heard the album!!

requiem 02-06-2018 02:56 PM

Have you listened to the new Justin Timberlake album yet Joe?

As a insanely huge fan of him (I once had a JT birthday cake, in my adult years lol) I have to say that this is a god awful album from start to finish. ‘Say Something’ is the only highlight. The lyrics are either really really bad or just creepy. Where are the hooks?

There is a good chance I’ll never listen to it again which is shocking for me. Just so embarrassing for a star of that magnituted

19wingz 02-06-2018 04:44 PM

So, I'm going to be honest. I made it 7 songs in and stopped because I couldn't handle it. I so, so agree with you. And I am so sad. It's been so long since we've had an album from him. I so wanted this to be P!nk and Kelly new album but instead, it is terrible. I still want to listen to the rest of it, but I am so unimpressed, so far. It's so sad.

requiem 02-27-2018 06:35 PM

Wait wait. Hold the phone!!!

So one of my favourite current groups out right now is Superfruit, can’t get enough. Highly recommend. Lol.

Cut to tonight when Havana by Pentatonix comes up on YouTube and there are the two lead singers for Superfruit?! I had always thought the blonde looked familiar but just chalked it up to pretty gay boy syndrome. Haha.

Wow!! I have made fun of Pentatonix for a while now so I find all this really funny and wanted to share my moment of discovery with you joe. Haha

19wingz 02-28-2018 09:15 AM

Hahaha how do you make fun of Pentatonix?! LOL

And that's just hilarious. They're both from PTX, yea. How funny. Goes to show you, Robbie

requiem 03-01-2018 03:29 PM

I kind of make fun of Pentatonix the same way I do Nickleback.
Lol

requiem 03-01-2018 03:37 PM

So, Hedley announces that they are separating after the end of their current tour. A forced separation. So many allegations of sexual misconduct towards women and underaged girls have come into light The fact that they have went so far into disband is very telling.

I am so angry that I gave this band so much of my heart and soul. I’m disappointed that I promoted them endlessly. I’m PISSED that a band that helped me get through some rough times were putting their fans through the same mental Hell they helped me escape.

I just don’t know where I go from here, I’m still in a level of some confusion. I shouldn’t care at all, I don’t know these people personally. But I do.

Anyway, just needed a venue to vent.

19wingz 03-01-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 540887)
I kind of make fun of Pentatonix the same way I do Nickleback.
Lol

Whyyyy LOL They're so so talented!

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 540888)
So, Hedley announces that they are separating after the end of their current tour. A forced separation. So many allegations of sexual misconduct towards women and underaged girls have come into light The fact that they have went so far into disband is very telling.

I am so angry that I gave this band so much of my heart and soul. Iím disappointed that I promoted them endlessly. Iím PISSED that a band that helped me get through some rough times were putting their fans through the same mental Hell they helped me escape.

I just donít know where I go from here, Iím still in a level of some confusion. I shouldnít care at all, I donít know these people personally. But I do.

Anyway, just needed a venue to vent.

Ugh. Vent away. That's just so discouraging. I know how you feel, Robbie!

19wingz 03-09-2018 07:22 PM

One of my songs from her new album. This video is hilarious, but the actual song starts about 5:50 in. She is FLAWLESS. I need to see her live.

19wingz 03-11-2018 03:39 PM

So this album was released last year, but he is finally releasing this song. It's one of my faves!!! And he is so sexy. Minor detail.

requiem 03-23-2018 03:12 PM

Thanks to Trixie Mattel, this girl made it my way...Have obviously listen but never cared to really spend much time listening to her...This one came out today and it has mad crossover potential.

19wingz 03-24-2018 10:39 AM

I just saw her sing this live on Thursday! So fun!!

Few things I want to share.

This video is just phenomenal and so raw.

Shawn is so great. I cannot believe he is 19! So mature. Great song.

I like In My Blood better, but this one is fun!

requiem 03-29-2018 03:05 PM

I really liked the In My Blood song...he is clearly a Kings of Leon fan.

requiem 03-29-2018 03:07 PM

Surviving Linkin Park vocalist, Mike Shinoda announced his solo plans today.

I may have cried a little today. Lol