YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   The Voice (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   The Voice, Season 17, Fall 2019 (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=19740)

wetboy78 10-14-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystycl (Post 547305)
Blake was my fave until they brought on ALICIA!!!!
omg! i love her! everything about her except her hubby! lol

She does have a good energy.

19wingz 10-16-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetboy78 (Post 547292)
The Voice is a vicious cycle of love and hate for me. It draws me in but never truly captures me. There is some amazing talent, but sometimes the build-up is anticlimactic.

This is actually a pretty fair description, especially of recent seasons.

Mystycl 10-18-2019 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 547332)
This is actually a pretty fair description, especially of recent seasons.

it really does.....

what i dont get is.... the lack of promotion once the winner is announced. its like; "we got all the ratings outta you we need, bitch bye"

19wingz 10-30-2019 09:10 AM

Honestly, the show has never tried to boast coming up with the next Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood or other non-winners of Idol in the early days (Fantasia, Adam, J Hud, etc). I think they've always set out to have a show first and foremost. If anyone became one of these peeps they would have taken it, but I'm not sure it was ever the intent, TBH. Though, there have been some lesser known/remembered Voice peeps who have done some stuff (Danielle Bradbery comes to mind).

requiem 11-03-2019 06:37 PM

Hiiiiieeeee!!! Watching The Voice fully for the first time since Season3. I just found this season on a new streaming service I got, so catching up...almost done the blind auditions

Firstly...I have been an obsessed Gwen fan for a long time, once even owning a large collection of her dolls. Haha. I am really enjoying her on the show. She gives good feedback and I love when she presses her button just to fight with Blake.

But Kelly is 100% the reason Iím still watching. SHE IS SO GOOD!!! Totally steals every last minute she is on here. The year of Kelly Clarkson!!

Not sure who I like. The names come and go so quickly. Will comment when Iím totally caught up.

Mystycl 11-11-2019 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 547379)
Honestly, the show has never tried to boast coming up with the next Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood or other non-winners of Idol in the early days (Fantasia, Adam, J Hud, etc). I think they've always set out to have a show first and foremost. If anyone became one of these peeps they would have taken it, but I'm not sure it was ever the intent, TBH. Though, there have been some lesser known/remembered Voice peeps who have done some stuff (Danielle Bradbery comes to mind).

what has she done? only time i hear or see anything is when she posts on her facebook that shes doing a local wedding reception or some shit..... i havent heard anyone doing anything major... no albums, no press, nothing....

you would think if the singer made them all this money, they would want them to make more.... guess they have enough...

Mystycl 11-11-2019 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 547402)
Hiiiiieeeee!!! Watching The Voice fully for the first time since Season3. I just found this season on a new streaming service I got, so catching up...almost done the blind auditions

Firstly...I have been an obsessed Gwen fan for a long time, once even owning a large collection of her dolls. Haha. I am really enjoying her on the show. She gives good feedback and I love when she presses her button just to fight with Blake.

But Kelly is 100% the reason Iím still watching. SHE IS SO GOOD!!! Totally steals every last minute she is on here. The year of Kelly Clarkson!!

Not sure who I like. The names come and go so quickly. Will comment when Iím totally caught up.

love love love me some kelly!!!! but its not enough to offset how bad i cant stand gwen.
im glad youre enjoying what youre watching!!!! and that you finally get to watch ♥

elzkonax 12-10-2019 11:53 PM

Definitely one of the best finale lineups. So happy Hoot and Ricky are still in it. I really don't like Katie's screaming style so I wish she would have gone home today. Rose is a good singer too. I will be rooting for Jake or Ricky to win.

Mystycl 12-12-2019 04:13 PM

glad youre enjoying :)

requiem 12-24-2019 05:35 PM

I watched this to watch Hoot win?! Fucking hell. Haha.

I was rooting for Will. Team Blue all the way. Next to him I was on the Katie train.

I donít think I would watch this show again. Itís too long, too many episodes and in the end, I just felt like I wasted my time. Jake Hoot? Really?! Haha