YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   BBC & PBS TV (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Call the Midwife (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=13763)

19wingz 10-02-2012 08:51 AM

Do you get this way before us, Luke?

Yellowdog 10-02-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldbright (Post 412800)
You guys will LOVE this!!! Also, in the second episode you are introduced to the most AWESOME woman in the world, Miranda Hart... She is the epitome of awesome ;)

Chummy is awesome

Ldbright 10-02-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 412802)
Do you get this way before us, Luke?

Yeah, about 6 months ago it aired here! Was a HUGE hit here :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowdog (Post 412804)
Chummy is awesome

YESSSS!!!! <3

19wingz 10-02-2012 03:53 PM

Ah, I wondered the time between shows airing there and here. I bet you guys get Sherlock a lot sooner then, huh?

This might be a dumb question. What is BBC America to you guys? Is that a totally different network or are shows shared?

Ldbright 10-03-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 412891)
Ah, I wondered the time between shows airing there and here. I bet you guys get Sherlock a lot sooner then, huh?

This might be a dumb question. What is BBC America to you guys? Is that a totally different network or are shows shared?

Umm, for the first couple of seasons we did, but with hits, such as Doctor Who, they air at the same time :)

In the UK, we have the BBC, which is where the majority of the BBC America shows come from I assume, our TV is a lot different though, no adverts on certain channels!

I am not familiar with BBC America though, so it is possible other shows come from some of the different channels :)

Yellowdog 10-03-2012 07:13 AM

A lot of the BBC shows actually end up on PBS here, like Call the Midwife and Sherlock.

19wingz 10-03-2012 08:09 AM

Ya, that's what I have noticed. That's why I was wondering if BBC America is something completely different and just something BBC planted here for original programming.

Luke, do you guys have Copper? Or that Chef Race UK vs. US? or Bedlam? Those are on BBC America here.

Then again, so is Dr. Who, which I assume is on BBC there, so it seems to be a mix. Who knows? lol

Yellowdog 10-03-2012 08:53 AM

I think Luther was on BBC America, too. Downtown Abbey was on PBS. It's always a game to see where the British shows will be.

Ldbright 10-03-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 413012)
Ya, that's what I have noticed. That's why I was wondering if BBC America is something completely different and just something BBC planted here for original programming.

Luke, do you guys have Copper? Or that Chef Race UK vs. US? or Bedlam? Those are on BBC America here.

Then again, so is Dr. Who, which I assume is on BBC there, so it seems to be a mix. Who knows? lol

I would assume BBC America it a stem of BBC, as BBC itself is a company (British Broadcast... something)

Bedlam was on Sky living here. I have never heard of Chef Race airing here though, and Copper (according to wikipedia) is a BBC America original :D

It must be a mix then if they are taking shows from Sky Living :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowdog (Post 413028)
I think Luther was on BBC America, too. Downtown Abbey was on PBS. It's always a game to see where the British shows will be.

Luther <3. And I guess BBC must not put all there shows on BBC America then, as they are both originally on BBC here

19wingz 10-03-2012 10:18 AM

Ah, Luther. Another show I've had in my Netflix queue for a while now.

I thought Copper was a BBC America original - I wasn't 100% sure. Interesting stuff.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008-2019 YakkityYaks.com
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger