Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 4,544 Times in 2,467 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 139 Times in 124 Posts

It's an awesome show. You really should give it a try!

It's a science-fiction show based out of the UK that follows a Time Lord - a time-traveling, humanoid alien who calls himself The Doctor - as he travels through time and space. Usually, helping out Earth by preventing attacks from other alien races, but he also travels back and forth in time (inside a spaceship that looks like a British police phone box and is called the TARDIS - which is MUCH bigger on the inside) and interacts with actual events that happened in history. He has companions that travel with him during his adventures, who are normal people that he's met along his journeys. They usually change out the companions every few seasons, and they also change out the Doctor every few seasons by having him "regenerate" as one of his lives ends and he becomes another version of The Doctor. He's supposed to be an alien that's over 900 years old, so he never really dies, he just regenerates. This allows the BBC to get bigger name actors to do the show because they only have to commit to one or two seasons. They had a huge Shakespearian actor (David Tennant) do the show for quite a few years just before this current actor took over.

It's quite humorous, and the storylines are fun to watch. You find yourself getting attached to characters (they're getting ready to switch out the companions again in a few weeks, which will be sad to see the old one leave), and they have recurring enemies of the Doctor's who show up once in a while to try and cause more trouble. The writing is great, and a new season just started up two weeks ago, so I wanted to see if I could find other Doctor Who fans to chat with about the series.

Looks like it might be just me so far...
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote