Notices

Hockey Well, it's just that, a place for hockey!




Reply
 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #31
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster
 
Yellowdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,068
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5,211 Times in 3,330 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts
Default

It is when you are missing two superstars, and you still manage to be better. I'd actually be embarrassed about it if I were you, but I can by some of your comments that you don't get embarrassed.

As for whining, who's doing that? You are the one that whines over and over about Crosby, despite the fact that every hockey insider says he is a great guy and a great player. Don't be jealous because Pittsburgh is a winning city and Detroit is, well...Detroit.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #32
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova
 
19wingz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 56,615
Thanks: 6,678
Thanked 8,657 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts
Default

I'll never trade in a million years to be able to say that I'm from Pitts.

That said, the fact that Pitts STILL got two points more than Detroit without their supposed God-sent angel, goes to show he's not ALL that. There's no denying he's a good player, I just hate the pimping the NHL and every other mindless fool does for this kid.

I don't remember pointing out last season when the Wings were more injury ridden than the chosen Penguins. Take it in stride. Shit happens, it's hockey. Sometimes, even the best fall down. Teams just have to learn to adjust, superstar in toe or not.
__________________
"Well titted, stand by for my upcoming tat." ~ Sheldon

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next

Last edited by 19wingz; 04-22-2011 at 01:35 PM.
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #33
jordanc0856
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
Don't be jealous because Pittsburgh is a winning city and Detroit is, well...Detroit.
I gotta jump in here and stick up for my beloved Wings. As for Crosby, he is a great player. His talent nearly matched the hype the NHL gave him when he came into the league. I really think the NHL needed to do something to help raise their popularity after the '05 stoppage. They needed to give fans something to watch for, which is why they went overboard on the hype for a young kid entering the league.

Let's count who has more Stanley Cups in the past ten years. Or in franchise history. What does Pitt have? Three. I need a couple more hands to count the amount of Stanley Cups the Red Wings have. Let's take a look at overall records in the past five years since the lockout. This season (by two points) was the only season Pitt outscored the Red Wings in points. The other four seasons weren't even close. In some, the Red Wings outscored Pitt by double digits, and Pitt wasn't exactly "injury riddled" like some say they were this season. Hmmmm.............
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #34
jordanc0856
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Oh Wingz- How's Mule looking for the second round???
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #35
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster
 
Yellowdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,068
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5,211 Times in 3,330 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanc0856 View Post
I gotta jump in here and stick up for my beloved Wings. As for Crosby, he is a great player. His talent nearly matched the hype the NHL gave him when he came into the league. I really think the NHL needed to do something to help raise their popularity after the '05 stoppage. They needed to give fans something to watch for, which is why they went overboard on the hype for a young kid entering the league.

Let's count who has more Stanley Cups in the past ten years. Or in franchise history. What does Pitt have? Three. I need a couple more hands to count the amount of Stanley Cups the Red Wings have. Let's take a look at overall records in the past five years since the lockout. This season (by two points) was the only season Pitt outscored the Red Wings in points. The other four seasons weren't even close. In some, the Red Wings outscored Pitt by double digits, and Pitt wasn't exactly "injury riddled" like some say they were this season. Hmmmm.............
I said winning city, not winning hockey team.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 AM   #36
jordanc0856
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm sorry. I thought this was a hockey thread!
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
KaysarRocks (04-23-2011)

Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #37
jordanc0856
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Okay, I'll give you the city thing, the whole city of Pittsburgh and all major professional sports teams. Go back ten years and let's still count championships. Guess what? You lose!!!
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
KaysarRocks (04-23-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #38
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster
 
Yellowdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,068
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5,211 Times in 3,330 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanc0856 View Post
Okay, I'll give you the city thing, the whole city of Pittsburgh and all major professional sports teams. Go back ten years and let's still count championships. Guess what? You lose!!!
You need to learn to count because Detroit doesn't have more championships than Pittsburgh in either the last ten or the last twenty years. They both three in the last ten and five in the last twenty.

You would know that if you weren't eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew all day while wasting your time playing arcade games.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #39
jordanc0856
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Oh, so you can count. Hooked on Numbers must have worked for you. It's pretty sad when one hockey team has as many championships as an entire city of professional sports. But then again, it is Pittsburgh.

As for the Doritos and Mountain Dew comment, it was pretty lame. But after watching the Penguins all season, I probably shouldn't expect much more from the likes of you. I'd be brain dead too, so I won't hold it against you.

I am done with this line of conversation because I started this as a friendly thread about the hockey playoffs, and you have somehow turned it into a negative thing (refer back to comments about being a Penguins fan). So, by the power vested in me by actually rooting for an original six team, you are hereby banished from making anymore negative comments in this thread.

If anybody else has anything constructive to say, I welcome friendly and intelligent conversation. Ball's in your court, or should I say the puck's in your crease!
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2011, 05:34 AM   #40
jordanc0856
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I did a little more math, but I'll save that for another day. I'm trying to be nice now.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


no new posts