Navigation » YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! > Yakkster's Entertainment > Yakkity's Movie and Celeb Central » Johnny Depp visits children?s hospital in Australia dressed as pirate Jack Sparrow

Notices

Yakkity's Movie and Celeb Central Check out our movie selection and don't forget to pick up the latest celebrity news and gossip!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
Yak Nicholson
The One and Only

Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Johnny Depp visits children?s hospital in Australia dressed as pirate Jack Sparrow

This is the day children will always remember as the day they met Jack Sparrow — *Captain* Jack Sparrow.

Johnny Depp and co-star Stephen Graham, who plays pirate Scrum, took a break while filming “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” on Tuesday to surprise patients at Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital in Brisbane, Australia.

The actors spent more than three hours visiting with children and their families.

The hospital shared exciting details and photos from the visit.

“Two very famous pirates made a special surprise visit to the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital last night,” the hospital staff wrote on Facebook. “Both actors flew in for the visit from the Gold Coast, landing in a helicopter on the hospital’s rooftop.”

Patients and families seemed to enjoy the famous pirates’ company, sharing tales from their visit.

Kossy Halemai, whose daughter Lanais Malia, was in the hospital recovering from heart surgery during Depp’s visit, said she was all smiles.

“For me and my family, it was a fantastic time to meet up and speak with Johnny Depp and put a smile on everyone’s faces, especially my daughter,” Halemai told CBS News. “She’s recovering well and to see her smiling — I was emotional and proud.”

The Halemai family, as well as dozens of others, had no idea the actors were going to make the trip.

“It was a big surprise for all of us,” Halemai said.

Bella Harry, a 12-year-old with osteosarcoma, was another lucky patient who got to meet the actor.

The Benefit4Bella Facebook group, a fundraising page for the young girl, said Depp spent 15 minutes sitting and chatting with the young girl.

“Little did Bella know, through all the excitement, Captain Sparrow would sit and chat with her one on one for 15 minutes,” the fundraising group posted, along with several photos. “An amazing man to brighten up so many kids’ day.”

The famous pirate even gave some of his booty with the crowd, passing out gold coins to patients. Despite the reward, the kids seemed to value Depp’s company more than the gold “money.”

As Captain Jack would say, “Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.”

Source
Yak Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,657 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

This warms my heart.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #3
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,340 Times in 3,742 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts

Best thing Depp has done in years! Lol....Can he just stick to doing this instead of making movies? Lol.

I'm glad to see that the amazing efforts of Chris Evans and Chris Pratt are paying off. It's nice to see other celebs doing this.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote